Thursday, October 13, 2005

70's halloween make-up kits

excellent!

so, i ordered my halloween costume online last night. it's a shame that the thing i really want to be this year totally requires that i purchase a specific costume. there is just no way to pull it off the homemade way. blah. it's not even that great or original an idea, but it's something that i think is cool and i've always wanted to be. so yay! and no, it's not michael myers from "halloween" pretending to be that girl's boyfriend who went downstairs to get a beer after they had sex, but really got killed. i always thought the below image would be a great (and cheap and easy) costume, but hardly anybody would get it.

another funny thing about the "halloween" movies: the other day, me, chris, kenny and john got pizza and watched "halloween II." there is this scene where the nurse and some other hospital guy are doing it in the hopsital's therapy-spa-pool-thing. she's like, "oh it's just SO WARM in here..." and then you see michael myers' hand turning the knob to "scalding." none of us reacted at all, until chris said, "ahh yes, the hydrotherapy "scalding" setting. taking care of all your face-burning-off needs." or something like that. we were LOSING it, laughing SO BAD...it was funny as hell. what a stupid thing. i love cheesy horror movies SO MUCH. i just ordered "prom night," which i haven't seen in years, so that'll be fun when that arrives.

also, some of you ultra-astute observers may notice that i have links to my jewelry blog. i planned on having a few pieces up there last night, but i messed up the pictures. *sigh* i got too aggressive with the re-sizing and i'm just dumb, so they look crappy. jewelry is extremely hard to get decent pictures of in general. i'm going to re-do them tonight, and you will be pleased. at least, i hope you will be pleased...i know i'm pleased.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pleased. You please me. You please me greatly. I look forward to being pleased.

Anonymous said...

I think another one of my favorite parts of Halloween II is the little song sung by the guy who eventually gets into the "scald"tub with the nurse. He sings "Amazing grace, come sit on my face... I don't know why I need your pie" or something like that. It cracks me up every time!

mondo retro said...

i remember you telling me that long ago, and i actually thought of you when he sang that song!! *LOL*

mondo retro said...

p.s. i am pleased that you are pleased. that pleeeeeeeeases me.