Friday, March 10, 2006

cluck cluck cluck. (warning: kind of gross story)


holy crap, i choked on a chicken bone last night!!! it was horrible! i could breathe and everything, so it wasn't a heimlich maneuver-type situation...but, i was eating a small piece of chicken and i swallowed, and i felt this bone that i couldn't feel when i was chewing. it was totally lodged in my throat. i started kind of freaking out, and chris asked me if i wanted to go to the hospital. i really didn't, so i tried to drink some water to wash it down. nothing. then i thought, well, if i try to throw it up, and that doesn't work, i'll go to the ER. so i went into the bathroom, stuck my finger down my throat, and the bone just immediately popped out, all on its own, with very little effort. whew! but it was SO LONG and pointy...i would say it was 2, maybe almost 3 inches long. YIKES! i could not even believe that thing was stuck in my throat. i threw it away, and chris said, "you mean, you're not going to take a picture of it for the blog?!" hahahahah! i said, "no, that's dumb." but now i wish i had. so no, the picture i have here is NOT the actual bone. i was also watching "six feet under" when this all happened, and i wondered how many people, if any, have died while watching "six feet under."

and now here's a link about which celebrities have herpes, and the most amazing uke playing you will ever see.

4 comments:

flatlander said...

Youch! Scary story.

Once, I almost choked to death on a piece of pizza I was eating while walking down the street, late one night. I was thinking, "this is going to look really stupid when they find my body."

My cat started gagging one night, and I thought he was choking on a bone. We couldn't really afford to go to the vet, so we thought his time might be up. But he stopped gagging eventually, though he couldn't meow like he normally did--it came out kind of muted and garbled.

About a month or two later, I was petting him, and noticed a bump on the side of his neck. It had some dried blood around it, and I thought he had a tumor or something. Then I realized he had the sharp end of a screw sticking out of his neck!! Somehow, kitty had eaten a screw, and it was now sticking out of his neck like he was Frankenkitty or something!!!

I didn't want to mess with what seemed to be a natural process, so I let the screw be. A week or so later, it was gone, so it must have just fallen out. This happened two years ago and kitty is fine, to this day.

mondo retro said...

!!!!!!! poor frankenkitty!!!! that is so horrible, i would have totally freaked out if my kitty did that!!! aaaaaaaiiiieeeeee...

i'm sure glad you didn't die while eating the pizza. who would leave all these comments on my blog then??!?!? ;)

anubis44 said...

OMG. I almost died whilst eating a piece of pizza. It was really cheesy and a glob of cheese was partway down my throat but still attached to the cheese on the slice. I started gagging and couldn't get it to go up or down. Of course my friends were lauging while this was happening so I started laughing too. Needless to say it didn't help matters any.

mondo retro said...

"I started gagging and couldn't get it to go up or down."

*LOL*

ok, Kenny DeGaggenfreud!!!

*LOL*