Thursday, February 23, 2006

"...but surely that's not an anagram, that's a spoonerism!"


"if you're going to split hairs, I'm going to piss off!"

so, this is what i watched last night. my mom even called me to make sure i knew it was on, per my dad's request. my dad and i are way into monty python. when i was very young, i'm thinking maybe 9 or 10 years old, "the holy grail" was on pbs and told me i had to watch it with him, and i loved it. i began watching the show regularly not long after that (oftentimes with my dad), and thus became a lielong fan. i remember this sketch very vividly from my early python years. it may have been the first episode i ever saw...

a sidenote: my 12-year old nephew asked me to buy him the DVD of "holy grail" for Christmas this year. i was so proud. (he also asked me to get him a ramones cd, which made me even prouder.)

anyhoo, last night was eric idle's personal best. he is definitely one of my fave python guys, if not my very favorite. that michael palin is a funny mofo as well. oh, i love all of them. anyway, every single second of that show last night was HILARIOUS, it was all the best sketches crammed into one hour. wheeeeeee!

here are some sounds of python for ye.

i also love the rutles, and you should, too.

buy something or piss off.

Themes in Contemporary Analytic Philosophy as Reflected in the Work of Monty Python.


G'day, you're Bruce! You like to hang out with your friends Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, & Bruce drinking good Australian beer and philosophizing...
G'day, you're Bruce! You think like a philosopher,
especially after you've had a few cold
ones...Australia RULES!


What Monty Python Sketch Character are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


p.s. if you haven't seen fat camp yet---do it. oh, it's painful. wonderfully, gloriously painful.

No comments: