Tuesday, October 18, 2005

my top 15 films of the past 15 years


imdb's doing it, so of course i could not resist! dear readers, please feel free to post your lists in the comments. i'd love to see them. some trivia about my list: steve buscemi is in 4 of my picks, i wrestled with the top two for a while before finally choosing "pulp," and i have seen the films in the top 15 ten times or more. i saw "pulp fiction" 6 times in the theater, which is just insane, so i think it deserves #1.



  1. pulp fiction
  2. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
  3. royal tenenbaums
  4. fargo
  5. ghost world
  6. boogie nights
  7. fear & loathing in las vegas
  8. goodfellas
  9. reservoir dogs
  10. mulholland drive
  11. office space
  12. fight club
  13. welcome to the dollhouse
  14. kill bill 1 & 2
  15. being john malkovich

honorable mention: jackie brown, rushmore, a mighty wind, wet hot american summer, napoleon dynamite, donnie darko, memento, sin city

2 comments:

flatlander said...

Those are some fine films!

Here are some of my favourite Canadian films:

Way Downtown
Last Night
The Adjuster
Jesus of Montreal
eXistenz

I'm sure there are lots more, but I can't think of them right now.

"The Saddest Music in the World" is supposed to be good.

flatlander said...

I forgot the best Canadian sci-fi B-movie ever made:

Top of the Food Chain

Well worth scouting out!