Friday, August 26, 2005

paul proch is my slovenly hero that doesn't pay his bills in a timely fashion



so, paul proch is the gentleman that did the art in "eternal sunshine." among other things. he did joel's journal, his pics of clementine, childhood crayon drawings on the fridge in the scene when joel was 4 in that awesome kitchen, etc.

one fine day, i checked out his website, which you should too, because it's nifty, and i emailed him to tell him that i thought he was keen-o. well, turns out that not only is he crazy talented in all kinds of ways, but he's also a helluva nice guy. so, after several emails and an eBay auction that i lost, he agreed to do a custom piece for me. i decided that i wanted a sign like the one in "taxi driver," because i was on a years-long search for one, and i could never find it. i was BEYOND THRILLED with the results. i was also the envy of everyone i knew who would appreciate that i the guy who did the art in "eternal sunshine"---which is easily my favorite film EVER. ever ever ever. it totally breaks my heart and makes me laugh and i discover new things each time i see it---agreed to do something for me from "taxi driver," which was my favorite movie for a long, long time. my life totally ruled the day the piece arrived. ahhhhhhhhhh...

sigh, swoon, paul proch rules!!!!

No comments: